World-class expertise, on your side.
TGS offers expert technical services to our global clients, delivering confidence and peace of mind through seamless collaboration and unparallelled knowledge.
Our highly qualified engineers bring decades of practical experience working with utilities, manufacturers, developers, ISOs and institutions. Whatever your needs, TGS has the knowledge and experience to ensure success.
Learn more about TGS’ core services:
Interconnection made simple.
The power industry is changing – traditional energy sources are being replaced with renewable and eco-friendly options like wind and solar. With these new technologies come new challenges increasing the need for risk mitigation and project security.
TGS engineers can seamlessly integrate with your team and have the expertise needed to perform valuable studies and model development.
• Power flow, short circuit, stability
• Dynamic model setup, tuning and testing
• Weak Systems with low SCR
• EMT studies
Custom Model Development
• Transient Stability
• TGS developed state-of-the-art proprietary tools
• EMT analysis
Generator Model Validation Testing & Tuning
HVDC + FACTS
Built on experience, run on expertise.
TransGrid Solutions is known globally as a leader in HVDC & FACTS. With heritage leading back to the design, development, and implementation of the Nelson River bipole projects, TGS was founded on HVDC and FACTS expertise.
Today, our engineers are power electronics experts with the ability to provide fully customizable start-to-finish solutions for any HVDC and FACTS project.
- Economics & Cost Evaluation
- Owner’s Engineer
- Project Execution
- Specification Development
- Factory Testing
- Operation & Maintenance
- Refurbishment & Condition Assessment
- Fault / Event Analysis
- Power Quality / Harmonic Assessment
- Power System Studies
- Model Development
- PSCAD, RSCAD, PSS/E, GE-PSLF, DIgSILENT
- RTDS Services
POWER SYSTEMS ANALYSIS
Trust from experience.
TGS combines years of utility, manufacturer, and consulting experience with powerful, state-of-the-art simulation tools to perform a wide variety of power system studies.
TGS has also developed in-house tools such as our small-signal stability package (TGSSR) and frequency scanning tool TGSFS for specialized analysis.
- Detailed EMT studies
- Power flow, short circuit, transient stability
- Sub-synchronous oscillations
- PSS tuning
- Generator model validation testing & tuning
- Interconnection studies
- RTDS Studies & model development
- Model development – for EMT and transient stability
- Harmonic Analysis
- AC / DC coupling, EMI studies
Our highly qualified engineers are well-versed in the latest study tools and methodologies.
- PSS/E, PSLF & DIgSILENT – Power System Dynamic and Load Flow Software
- PSCAD & EMTP-RV – Electromagnetic Transients (EMT)
- RTDS – Real-Time Digital Simulation
- TGSSR – Small Signal Stability Tool (developed in-house)
- TGSFS – Frequency Scanning Tool (developed in-house)
TRAINING + EDUCATION
Specialized knowledge, deep expertise.
TransGrid Solutions provides customizable courses on a variety of applicable topics to help educate and enhance knowledge and skill-sets. We also offer free 1-day seminars on a variety of topics promoting educational dialogue and high-level understanding.
TGS has provided customized training to utility and manufacturer engineers internationally – North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia.
Our training topics include:
- LCC HVDC Transmission
- VSC HVDC Transmission
- FACTS devices
- Understanding Sub-synchronous Oscillations in Power Systems
- Power System Stability (voltage stability, small signal stability and transient stability)
- PSS/E training — from basics to detailed studies
- PSCAD/EMTDC training — from basics to detailed studies
- Power System Basics
- Power Quality
- Operation & Maintenance of HVDC
- Economic Assessment of HVDC
- Power System Economics