TGS provides customizable courses on a variety of applicable topics, to help educate others and enhance their knowledge and skill-sets. We also offer free 1-day seminars on a variety of topics to promote interest and high-level understanding.
TGS has provided customized training to utility and manufacturer engineers internationally in countries including Canada, USA, India, New Zealand, Brazil, Columbia, South Korea, Chile, Mexico, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Denmark, Ireland, Germany, UK, Mozambique and South Africa.
Our training topics include:
- LCC HVDC Transmission
- VSC HVDC Transmission
- FACTS devices
- Understanding Sub-synchronous Oscillations in Power Systems
- Power System Stability (voltage stability, small signal stability and transient stability)
- PSS/E — general training on use of the software to perform system studies, and more detailed training related to modeling of HVDC and FACTS devices
- PSCAD/EMTDC — general training on use of the software to perform system studies, and more detailed training related to modeling of HVDC and FACTS devices
- Power System Basics
- Power Quality
- Operation & Maintenance of HVDC
- Economic Assessment of HVDC
- Power System Economics