TGS is always interested in recruiting highly motivated and talented individuals to provide continual growth for our company and to become a part of our team.
We would be happy to receive your contact information and resume.
Currently Available Positions
Position Title: Senior Power Systems Engineer
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The Senior Power Systems Engineer will provide technical leadership for HVDC transmission and FACTS projects from concept, feasibility studies through specification, design and procurement, commissioning and operations support.
- Provide technical leadership for HVDC transmission and FACTS projects.
- Responsible for developing and comparing solutions for projects. This would include both the technical and economic considerations.
- Assist the business development team in proposal preparation.
- Meet with clients to discuss solutions.
- Develop technical specifications for HVDC and FACTS procurement.
- Perform reviews and evaluations of technical proposals, tenders, and contracts.
- Review of HVDC and FACTS design reports.
- Performing system studies simulations using PSCAD, PSSE, Power Factory, and real time digital simulators (RTDS).
- Witness factory acceptance testing of equipment.
- Witness factory acceptance tests of HVDC and FACTS control systems.
- Field measurements as required.
- Commissioning and system testing support.
- Provide on-going support for projects and maintain liaisons and relationships with clients.
- Assist with business development, client engagement as required.
- Providing technical guidance, advice and mentorship to engineering staff including reviewing technical work.
- Domestic and international travel.
- Providing technical training to clients in both HVDC and FACTS.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of professional engineering experience in HVDC and FACTS
- Eligible for membership in APEGM
- Clear understanding of power systems
- Proven knowledge and experience in the study, specification, design and operations of HVDC and FACTS projects
- Understanding of HVDC and FACTS control systems and equipment
- Experience with power system simulation tools such as PSCAD, RSCAD, MATLAB and other similar study tools
- Factory acceptance testing and site commissioning experience
- Exceptional communication skills, including both writing and public speaking/presenting
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively explain and discuss solutions with customers
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate harmoniously with a group of professional engineers
- Understanding new developments as well as the market trends
To apply, please attach a cover letter & resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those considered for interviews will be contacted.