TGS is always interested in recruiting highly motivated and talented individuals to provide continual growth for our company and to become a part of our team.
We would be happy to receive your contact information and resume.
Currently Available Positions
Position Title: Power Systems Engineer
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
TransGrid Solutions Inc. (“TGS”) has an immediate opening for an experienced Power Systems Studies Engineer to join our team of highly qualified engineers, academics and consultants at our head office in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
In this position, you will perform a wide range of power systems studies and modelling, in the areas of power flow, short circuit, transient stability, electromagnetic transients simulation, real time simulation and eigenvalue analysis.
- Performing power system studies using PSCAD, PSSE, PSLF, DIgSILENT, RTDS and TGS in-house developed software tools
- Preparing comprehensive study reports
- Developing and comparing technical solutions for projects
- Meeting with clients to discuss solutions
- Attending conferences, with potential for submission and presentation of papers at conferences
- Potential for joining IEEE and/or CIGRE working groups
- Potential for domestic and international travel
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional engineering experience in power system studies, preferably with knowledge in HVDC and FACTS and renewables
- Clear understanding of power systems
- Proven knowledge and experience in performing power system studies
- Understanding of HVDC and FACTS and inverter-based generation control systems is beneficial
- Experience with power system simulation tools such as PSS/E, PSLF, PSCAD, RSCAD, DIgSILENT, MATLAB and other similar study tools
- Exceptional communication skills, including both written and public speaking/presenting
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively explain and discuss solutions with customers
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate harmoniously with a group of professional engineers
- Willing and able to travel internationally
To apply, please attach a cover letter & resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those considered for interviews will be contacted.